Re: [SLE] Configuring Apache for php on SuSE 9.3 Pro
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 12:38:33 +0200
peter wrote:

> I have Apache2 version 9.0.54-0.1.
> In htdocs, I have a file called index.php and one called self.php.
> The contents of index.php are just a call to print, saying "Hello
> World!" (unsurprisingly). The contents of self.php are just a call to
> phpinfo().

OK, sounds good. And you also have a "DirectoryIndex index.php"
statement, right? Did you have multiple of those? I would stick to
just one "DirectoryIndex index".

> If I type: http://localhost/
> into Firefox, then nothing is returned (View Source returns a blank
> screen).

That could suggest a segfault somewhere. Have you checked the
error-logs, e.g. /var/log/apachex/error* ?

> If I add the filename to the URL (either index.php) or (self.php),
> then Firefox just puts up a dialog asking me what program I want to
> use to open the file - and suggests a text editor.

Right - that says that the file being served has not been processed by
the php interpreter, and is being served raw. So somehow the php
interpreter isn't being invoked or isn't working.

Your software-versions look good - just about the same that I'm using.
What about the <Files> section you showe at some point - have you also
tried without it? I don't use one of those.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich