10.1 network install broken
  • From: Kastus <NOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 08:05:32 -0700
Hi,

When I try network install from /opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source
the machine freezes at "Initializing catalogues" message.
I am using mirrors.kernel.org mirror.
It loads root filesystem fine, I select language, confirm license,
select "Update", then it proceeds to initializing catalogues,
the hourglass is spinning. Machine is responsive at that point,
I am able to switch between virtual consoles. There is also activity
on the network, so I guess it is still downloading something.
Shortly after that machine freezes. It does not respond neither to keyboard
nor to mouse. I have to use the power button.

I've had the same problem never being able to perform network install from
factory since RC3 was released. SL-10.1/inst-source looks broken in the same way.

Is it something yet to be fixed in inst-source (as recent security anouncement
points that online update over the network does not work at the moment)
or is it me doing something wrong?

Thanks,
-Kastus