[10.1] File Manager - Super User Mode
  • From: Greg <devosc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 00:17:23 -0500
Is it me, or upon using the File Manager - Super User Mode, it then
does something perculiar to the user that you initially logged in (a
normal user) ?

With all of KDE installed, but using Gnome as the desktop manager etc,
if I do something like:

kdesu konqueror -- profile management

For the first version I've seen, Gnome Menu -- System -- File Manager
- Super User Mode, actually works, and I had thought it resolved this
problem mentioned when using the kdesu cmd, but to no avail
apparently.

I then have to delete all the .ICE* files in the normal users dir
otherwise that user cannot log back in and gets some error message
about .DCOPserver_

<rant>
Will there ever be a version of SuSE that either doesnt break
something from a previous version, fixes whatever from the previous
version, and does not introduce anything new annoyances --- I'd be
willing to subscribe to such a service.
</rant>

  • No further messages