Re: [SLE] Retail SUSE vs OpenSUSE
  • From: "suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx" <suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 16:54:54 -0400
On 5/16/06 4:27 PM, "Rikard Johnels" <rikard.j@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Haven't followed this thread too thoroughly..
>
> But why not just make TWO boxes? One with the full set of DVD's and one with
> the full set of CD's. And have the manual as a "side order".
> "One SuSE 10.1 DVD box and a manual to go please...."
> That way there is no problems of "This or that package aren't supplied with
> the Retail box i need the full Pro version for just this one package."
> And those who want the hardcopied manual can get it in shiny print and color.
>
> Just my $0.02 worth of strange ideas...

Then you double your costs and problems...two sets of everything. Packaging,
shipping, inventory, etc. How do you know how many to ship to each store?
What will sell more... In what area? No mater what you do or how you do it,
someone will complain.

I can't figure out what the big deal is with not having a manual in the
box...
Just print the thing out. With the stupid cheapness of laser printers today,
doesn't everyone have one?
This way you can control how big of small you want it. What type of binding,
etc. We do that here, but Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, Kinko's, or
your favorite office supply super store can do it for a few bucks. Do it
your self, and it's very, very cheap. I would rather save the few $ when I
buy the OS rather than pay for someone else to print the book.

--
Thanks,
George

"A nymphomaniac is a women as obsessed with sex as the average man."
Mignon McLaughlin