Re: [SLE] Retail SUSE vs OpenSUSE
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:06:38 -0400
On Tuesday 16 May 2006 4:27 pm, Rikard Johnels wrote:

> Haven't followed this thread too thoroughly..
>
> But why not just make TWO boxes? One with the full set of DVD's and one
> with the full set of CD's. And have the manual as a "side order".
> "One SuSE 10.1 DVD box and a manual to go please...."
> That way there is no problems of "This or that package aren't supplied
> with the Retail box i need the full Pro version for just this one
> package." And those who want the hardcopied manual can get it in shiny
> print and color.
>
> Just my $0.02 worth of strange ideas...
When they had Professional, Professional Upgrade and Personal, it was very
confusing to some people.
The difference between the Professional and Professional Upgrade was that
the boxed set for the Upgrade had fewer books. The Personal had less data.

I think that they are moving in the right direction.
Novell sells a boxed set containing the DVDs and CDs with a manual.
The DVD and CD isos are available for download. Additionally, network
installs are available.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group