Re: [SLE] Media mount failure when adding new installation source from DVD?
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 20:01:03 -0400
On Tuesday 16 May 2006 19:18, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> Check in Yast to see that the device links /dev/cdrom and
> /dev/dvdrecorder are to the proper real devices /dev/hd*. If you changed
> where the CD is connected when installing the DVD, the links might not
> have been properly modified.

Hi Darryl,

You must have missed this part of Hylton's post:

> I can read the documentation on the DVD, and see there are other files,
> on the DVD if I go via the KDE 'My computer' on the desktop or via konqi
> to /media/dvedrecorder

And there's certainly nothing "strange" about mundane functions being
supported by relatively unsophisticated code. From what I've seen of the
'Installation Source' module's limited/cryptic error handling capabilities,
such an oversight wouldn't surprise me at all. ;-)

regards,

Carl