Re: [SLE] ip changing
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:26:08 -0400
On Wednesday 17 May 2006 10:53, Hans Krueger wrote:
> how you been

I've been great, Hans. I haven't been back to the donut shop since our last
visit there. John's added a pub so we'll have to check it out sometime! :-)

> I'm setting a new web,ftp,e-mail server and using static ip
> I go to login from another machine or do any thing and it's not their
> set in front of it and check it's ip and it's change all by it's self
> it's not tied to the out side world yet
> ghost I guess
> I never run into this new to me

I've just checked the YaST ('Network Devices>Network Card') module and the
first screen offers 'User Controlled with NetworkManager' and 'Traditional
Method with ifup' options. I selected 'traditional' and my static IP hasn't
changed. If I select to edit the device, under the 'Address' tab, "Static
Address Setup" is checked... which is where I set it during installation.

Are you saying you've made this setting and it isn't 'sticking'?

Carl

< Previous Next >