Re: [SLE] SUSE Linux 10.1 - 32-bit or 64-bit
  • From: "Matt Bottrell" <mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 00:45:47 +1000
On 5/15/06, Michal Hlavac <hlavki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Mat,

flash player in firefox works for me... strange is that flash player
doesn't works in konqueror... And I have installed flash player
package... I have AMD Turion(tm) 64 Mobile ML-40.

miso

So are you running the 32-bit OS version... or are you running 64-bit OS
with a 32-bit application. From my own understanding there is no 64-bit
flash player. :(

I've found the 'mixed-mode' a PITA when trying to update packages. :( My
gut feel is just to run the 32-bit version in the interim until we get some
of these apps over eventually to 64-bit.

A shame... but much cleaner.

I do understand the processor/library reasons for this. However from an
end-user viewpoint it's frustrating to say the least.
Also try explaining it to relos.. with their shiny new 'linux' about 64-bit
binaries and 32-bit binaries... particularly when they are computer novices
and use Suse for Web-browsing and Email. (really!)

--
Matt Bottrell
mbottrell@xxxxxxxxx