Recompiling kernel
  • From: Chaitanya Chalasani <chaitanya.chalasani@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:42:01 +0530
Hi,

I use SUSE 10 Proffessional Boxed Distribution.

When i check the kernel configuration the processor type, for which the kernel
is built , is 586. Will recompiling the kernel for the processor present in
my machine improve the performace of the kernel? If yes then what processor
type should I choose for my centrino ( is it Pentium M or Pentium-4 M , I
don't see centrino in kernel configurations ).

Does choosing the option of Low Latency Desktop Preemption a better choice
than Unforced Preemption Server which is default for my centrino Laptop.

--
Chaitanya Chalasani

< Previous Next >