Re: [SLE] Software updater
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 03:11:05 -0400
On Friday 19 May 2006 02:56, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Hi again Carl. I have choosen too much to install. It has done it since
> yesterday evening. But of course it will reach
> the end in hours :-)

Hi Erik, glad to hear it!

> How did you set up the what You write above about "load automatically
> when I boot and log into KDE" ?

From the KDE main menu 'System' > 'Configuration' > 'Update Software'. The
icon loads in your taskbar. Right-click on it and select 'Configure' then
wait (and wait and wait) as it refreshes your sources. When it's refreshed,
select the second or third tab (along the top) to locate the "launch
automatically" checkbox. Enable that and you're all set.

regards,

Carl