Re: [SLE] network install over ssh
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:38:26 +0200
Jerry Westrick wrote:

> The SUSE way to do a network install is to use VNC.

Or ssh - it is certainly supported.

> During the first boot of the installation choose install and add the
> parameters:
> install vnc=1 vncpassword=secret

I boot an etherboot-image from floppy, and then retrieve the install
kernel and initrd with a similar set of parms from a tftp-server.

> Then the install continues on term 1 untill it gives you the
> connection parms you need to connect. then you can connect via
> vncviewer ....

Yes, so far I have no problems.

> After the reboot, you connect with vncviewer again to get the rest of
> the dialog...

OK, this is where I'm not sure what to do. I can connect with ssh, but
how do I "get the rest of the dialog" ?
When you connect with vncviewer, are you taken straight to a Yast2
window or do you need to do anything special?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >