Re: [SLE] Retail SUSE vs OpenSUSE
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:14:30 -0700
On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 12:38 -0500, Peter Van Lone wrote:
> On 5/16/06, Mark H. Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yes yes I know... the manual is on the media... I also have a copy (pdf) on my
> > HD... but I like books... real paper books. And I am willing to PAY for
> > them... so think about it guys.
>
> so if you are willing to PAY for it, then take it to a copy shop and
> have them PRINT it.
>
> I prefer NOT to HAVE TO pay for a manual.
>
> When I want one, I will buy one. Or, I will buy one of the
> after-market 3rd party books.

What books do you recommend? Personally I would like the option of a
disks only set and not from some knock off house on the web. As to the
books they do provide they are somewhat thin. It should be possible to
get official recommendations from Novell as to third party treeware or
even buy through them.

I beleive there is one publisher of RH books which has recently turned
its hand to Suse but I forget the link. It was on Amazon as I remember.

--