Re: [SLE] [10.1] Planar PNR19 LCD
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:33:06 -0400
On Friday 19 May 2006 17:08, Greg wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> Tried the experiments above and ended up doing #3 the contents of that file
> is:
<snip>

Thanks, Greg.

> Something that I didnt mention before, is that when texting the
> monitor settings in sax2 is that it is not possible to adjust the
> screen, i.e. clicking on the arrows that move the screen around or
> shrinks or expands it do not work. And then clicking either save or
> cancel gives that blank screen which then Ctrl+Alt+BkSpace does not
> work, it just hangs and have to hard reboot.

Does this also happen if you kill X during the test, itself, before selecting
'Cancel' or 'Test'? Ctl+Alt+Bkspc is supposed to be the built-in 'escape
hatch' for when you get a 'black screen of death' instead of the test screen.
It's supposed to drop you to command line instead of leaving you blind and/or
locked up.

> I decided to force the monitor settings by not clicking test, but to
> save straight away. This seemedly worked, however other problems arise
> such as not being able to logout or shutdown or get to init 3.

Can you get to an alternate console at this point? Ctl+Alt+F1 thru F6?

> I'm wondering now whether there has been a change in 10.1 such that it
> can no longer handle this particular graphic adapter or something,
> e.g. why wont the arrows adjusters work when testing the monitor etc

There's obviously been a change of some type.

Please send copies (direct; too much for the list) of:
the current /etc/X11/xorg.conf
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.install
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.saxsave
/var/log/messages
/var/log/SaX.log
/var/log/XFree86.xx.log
/var/log/Xorg.xx.log
** note: copy these into an empty working directory and append the suffix
'.txt' to them.

Also the results of:
** note: adjust the path to 'land' these files in the same working directory
as above.
hwinfo > /home/greg/hwinfo.txt
lsmod -v > /home/greg/lsmod.txt
lspci -v > /home/greg/lspci.txt
cat /proc/interrupts > /home/greg/interrupts.txt

change into the working directory containing the above files and do:
tar -czf *.txt gregdiag.tar.gz

This will zip the up into a nice small package for mailing.

regards,

Carl