Re: [SLE] Cannot burd Dual Layer DVD's with K3b
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 06:23:22 -0500
On Friday 19 May 2006 5:27 pm, kevin.kempter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi List;
>
> I have K3b working again... However I cannot burn a DL DVD. I right click
> on the size and change it to 8G, but when K3b tries to write it claims to
> be waiting for a DL DVD blank media - which I've already inserted. Then
> it fails...
>
> Any Ideas?

Check at www.CDFreaks.com and/or the DVD drive manufacturer to see if your
DVD drive may have a firmware update. Sounds to me like your DVD drive
can't properly detect the media type. Is it even capable of burning DL DVD?
K3b will use what it is told is there. K3b can't force the drive to do what
the drive isn't capable of doing.

Stan