system tray vs ./kde/Autostart
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 09:30:19 -0500
There are several apps (amarok, skype, gaim, knotes, etc ) on my
SUSE10 installation that "autostart" but none of them are in my
.kde/Autostart directory.

Rather, they are in the "system tray".

I have been able to find ONE TINY SPACE on the panel/kicker that
allows me to get to the "configure system tray" menu item, but that
appears to only allow hide/show of current icons. I browsed the help
system and the user manual, without finding what I am looking for. And
a google provided really only a couple developer discussions ....

So, my questions:

1) how does one add-remove items from the "system tray"?
2)WHY would one autostart an app from the "system tray" instead of
putting a shortcut into .kde/Autostart?

thnx!

Peter

--

A standing military force, with an overgrown Executive will not long
be safe companions to liberty. The means of defence agst. foreign

James Madison
Constitutional Convention (June 29, 1787)

< Previous Next >