Re: [SLE] Can't Boot Init 5 with Suse 10 OSS
  • From: James Wright <jwright01@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 11:15:42 -0400
James Wright wrote:
Carl Hartung wrote:
On Thursday 18 May 2006 14:12, James Wright wrote:
SMP mptable: no processors registered!
BIOS bug, MP table errors detected!...
... disabling SMP support. (tell your hw vendor)

Hi James,

The above error message seems to indicate there might be a problem with the BIOS. Have you checked to see if it's the latest available?

Carl
Not yet.... Doing so now.....

Thank you,

-James W.
Ok, it was a real PITA, but I got the BIOS updated. I somehow corrupted Server 2003, spent a couple of hours trying to fix that, then gave up. I installed XP Pro to create the ROM update diskette (no floppy drives except the machine I am working on). The new BIOS was created 7/13/99, so it isn't exactly new. I have started re-installing Suse 10, the first disk finished, computer rebooted, and froze at "Starting syslog services" again. I am currently finishing the install via failsafe mode, but it appears that I am going to be having the same problem.

- James W.

< Previous Next >