Re: [SLE] More on the Java Licence
  • From: Glenn Holmer <gholmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:27:18 -0500
On Saturday 20 May 2006 05:31, Kevanf1 wrote:
> Yep, I was wrong in my assumption that Sun had open sourced Java.
> They've gone half way. They do keep saying it is their intention to
> full open source Java though in accordance with the GNU Public
> License.

Please get your facts straight. Sun has never said it would use the GNU
license for Java.

http://news.com.com/2102-7344_3-6072760.html?tag=st.util.print

This page includes a video of Rich Green on stage at JavaOne saying:

"It isn't a question of whether, but a question of how."

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
"The SUSE and Novell developers and managers are as well passionate