Re: [SLE] ADSL dies, how to restart it automatically?
  • From: Rui Santos <rsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 17:36:02 +0100
Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> I am using SuSE 10 and have set-up PPPoE to start up automatically. It
> connects fine, but when the connection get lost, it does not
> re-connect anymore.
>
> How can I let it re-connect automatically?
Yes, of course...

I'm using pppoe on SuSE9.3

You should set the 'Idle Time-Out' option to 0 (Zero)
You have check the 'Dial on Demand' option.
You Should also leave the 'Always Ask Password' option deactivated.

All this is done when you set up your DSL connection via the
Yast->Network Devices->DSL.

If you do not use Yast set your provider options (
/etc/sysconfig/network/providers/provider0 ) to:
ASKPASSWORD='no'
DEMAND='yes'
IDLETIME='0'

--