Re: [SLE] SUSE 10.1 -- quite impressive -- thanks to SuSE team
On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 11:15 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:

> What's the boot up time like compared to 10? I've heard it averages
> out at twice as long to boot 10.1 This came from a Magazine
> comparison that I read.

I think that may be accurate. Mine is taking even longer. Oddly, when
the nvidia kernel drivers are loaded there is also a 10 sec or so delay.

I see that many more services are being started than was the case with
10.0. Like Zen. And ppp, which I do not use and did not ask for. I guess
service trimming would return the boot to 10.0 times.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems AB
Ramböll Sverige AB