Re: [SLE] Can't Boot Init 5 with Suse 10 OSS
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:04:57 -0400
On Tuesday 23 May 2006 09:51, James Wright wrote:
> I am beginning to believe the same. I am going to re-install 10.0,
> install the correct legacy driver, modify boot.local and see what
> happens. If it doesn't work I may drop back to 9.3 or 9.2. I suppose
> that moving ahead to 10.1 isn't going to help at all.....

Before going to all that work, there's a great deal of information provided
with the legacy driver... I know because I downloaded it and all the
incidental documentation surrounding it.

If you take your time to just scan through it all, you'll eventually find
which versions of X the driver was supported through and also what kernels
have been tested plus any known errata and/or workarounds.

I mean, if you're going to make the effort you might as well aim for the
latest possible SUSE version the driver is known to work with and it can't
hurt to have a lot more background knowledge about how to set the card up and
how to use the supplied configuration/test utilities.

Good luck & keep in touch!

Carl