Re: [SLE] Can't Boot Init 5 with Suse 10 OSS
  • From: James Wright <jamfwright@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:25:52 -0400
Carl Hartung wrote:
On Tuesday 23 May 2006 15:34, James Wright wrote:
Thank you Carl. I am currently downloading 10.1 and plan on following
the directions on http://en.opensuse.org/NVIDIA to a T. It appears as
though it just may work. Looking further into the BIOS I have found
that I can change the default IRQ from 11 to another number. Currently
the video, IDE, and SCSI are all using IRQ 11. Is this a problem? And
if it is, do I need to change it before I install 10.1?

I wouldn't expect this to cause a problem. The system and video card are older but still recent enough to understand IRQ sharing. You can always change it if you run into a problem, but I'd wait to see if having the correct module loading at boot doesn't straighten your graphics issue out, first.

Carl

Thank you Carl, I am just finishing the new install (opted for 10.0 again). I have 9.2 and 9.3 handy to test if this doesn't work out. BTW, if you need to PM me, notice the e-mail change. I can't access my other account for the time being.

- James W.

< Previous Next >