can't reinstall 10.0
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:25:01 -0400
Ok, now what am I doing wrong? I have a CD player,
and the professional CD's, and I installed Linux 10.0
once, but now I can't seem to do it. I tell the
machine CD boot, and then I tell it install, and
then it comes up "mouse checker" or something like
that, and with either a USB or a PS2 mouse, it can't
find the mouse, and everything stops at that point.
With the presently installed version of 10.0, which
has a serious email problem, either kind of mouse
works fine. Is the mobo kaput, or is it me?
I would be happy to just fix the email, but I cannot
take a chance on it coming up in Chinese anymore.
It has to be _fixed_ before I try to check email
on that machine.

I have also tried the repair, or whatever they
call it, from the existing system, but I am completely
snowed by what comes up after that. One would think the
system would go thru all the files and find the ones
that are corroded, and fix them, but that doesn't seem
to be the case.

What next?

TIA--doug