Re: [SLE] RANT: Advantages of Dual Core
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 23:25:46 +0200
Laugardaginn 27 maí 2006 23:06 skrifaði Anders Johansson:
> Yes, leaving packages installed that you don't want to have, and then
> complaining when the system repairs what you broke, that's much simpler
> than just uninstalling what you don't want to have (or, perhaps, just not
> installing them in the first place - you did do it manually)

Oh, it's not a case of "I don't want it". It's a case of "I don't want it
to kill my machine" thing. There's a difference. Obviously, I want to be
able to locate files, emails and stuff like that. And I can remove it all,
renice it and stuff ... it's not a question of what I want here. It's a
question of a system, that is trying to make it into the desktop world. And
I'm just pointing out a fact ... and when I say it's reduntant, I don't mean
it's unwanted ... I mean it's low priority.