Re: [SLE] "Neighbour table overflow"
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 18:27:36 -0400
On Saturday 27 May 2006 18:20, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> On 27/05/06 15:44, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> >I just put up a server system on 10.1 (text only) and am getting the
> > message above in /var/log/messages about every two minutes.
> >
> >Anybody have a clue what is causing this?
>
> The only neighbour table I know of is the ARP cache. The message thread
> beginning with this
>
> http://archive.linuxvirtualserver.org/html/lvs-users/2002-09/msg00238.html
>
> might be of use to you.

Thanks. I've been googling it and it seems people think it's either a problem
with the loopback interface or that the network connection doesn't have
enough space to keep track of it's neighbors. (I only have about 5 other
machines)

But fiddling with the network and a network restart seemed to have cured the
problem. This is on a minimal install (no gui) which is a first for me and
there are lots of things 'borken' at that level.....

< Previous Next >