Re: [SLE] KVM switch?
  • From: "John R. Sowden" <jsowden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 05:36:48 -0700
On Sun May 28 2006 04:27, Kevanf1 wrote:
> On 27/05/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Greg Freemyer wrote:

> > > I could be all wet, but I _assumed_ that KVMs either had ps/2
> > > keyboard/mice or they had usb keyboard/mice. Are you implying that
> > > KVMs with usb mice would still have ps/2 keyboards?
> >
> > No, I'm not. You'd need an adapter to do that.
> >
> > > I guess I need to do a little more research.
> > >
> > > Greg
>
> There are some KVM's on the market that have both USB capability and
> ps/2 ports. Indeed, there are some that also have the older DIN style
> port in addition. These last are pretty rare nowadays though.
>
> Have you tried checking out eBay? They can be picked up very cheaply
> on there in whichever country you reside.
> --
> I am only human, please forgive me if I make a mistake it is not
> deliberate. ==============================================
> PLEASE DON'T drink and drive it's not clever, it's just stupid.
>
> Kevan Farmer
>
> Linux user #373362
>
> Cheslyn Hay
> Staffordshire
> WS6 7HR
I use a 2 port kvm for a dos box and a linux box, each on different networks.
Unfortunately the kvm does not seem to pass enough current to operate my
optical mouse, whether I use USB or PS2 (it comes with a converter connector.

Thoughts? Rolling balls don't make it anymore.

--
John R. Sowden
AMERICAN SENTRY SYSTEMS, INC.

< Previous Next >