Sound with Totem Player 1.5.1
  • From: "Witold Wolski" <wewolski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 14:02:31 +0100
Hi,

In order to be able to play avis on SUSE 10.1 I have updated the totem
player with the packages available on packman.
totem-1.5.1-0.pm.1.i686.rpm<http://packman.links2linux.org/download.php?t=b&id=22002>
libxine1-1.1.1-16.pm.0.i686.rpm<http://packman.links2linux.org/download.php?t=b&id=20240>
(xine-lib) <http://packman.links2linux.org/index.php4?action=124>
speex-1.1.12-0.pm.0.i686.rpm<http://packman.links2linux.org/download.php?t=b&id=18968>
(speex) <http://packman.links2linux.org/index.php4?action=338>
w32codec-all-20060501-0.pm.0.i586.rpm<http://packman.links2linux.org/download.php?t=b&id=21711>

The image quality is fine. However the "sound track" is completely useless.
It seems like being enormousle preamplified and this causes extremely
strong noise.

In contrast a really old totem 0.100 on a debian installation on my desktop,
has no problems reproducing the same avi files with an excellent image and
sound quality.

I, am recording quite a lot of avi files with my compact camera and I would
really like to use linux for playing them. Help in solving this problems
would be highly appreciated.

Is it only my impression that the multimedia support on suse is
non-existent?

Eryk
  • No further messages