Re: [SLE] KVM switch?
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 09:21:13 -0400
John R. Sowden wrote:
On Sun May 28 2006 04:27, Kevanf1 wrote:
On 27/05/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:
On 5/26/06, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Greg Freemyer wrote:
Do the KVMs with USB mice work good with most models of KVM? Any
issues getting into BIOS etc. with a USB mice? I really haven't
used them much.
I haven't any experience with a USB switch, but I've heard they don't
have the same mouse problem. How often do you use a mouse in the BIOS
settings?
I could be all wet, but I _assumed_ that KVMs either had ps/2
keyboard/mice or they had usb keyboard/mice. Are you implying that
KVMs with usb mice would still have ps/2 keyboards?
No, I'm not. You'd need an adapter to do that.

I guess I need to do a little more research.

Greg
There are some KVM's on the market that have both USB capability and
ps/2 ports. Indeed, there are some that also have the older DIN style
port in addition. These last are pretty rare nowadays though.

Have you tried checking out eBay? They can be picked up very cheaply
on there in whichever country you reside.
I am only human, please forgive me if I make a mistake it is not

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire
WS6 7HR
I use a 2 port kvm for a dos box and a linux box, each on different networks. Unfortunately the kvm does not seem to pass enough current to operate my optical mouse, whether I use USB or PS2 (it comes with a converter connector.

Thoughts? Rolling balls don't make it anymore.

Perhaps a powered hub between switch and mouse?

< Previous Next >