Re: [SLE] 10.1 Screensaver Displays
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 01:11:27 +1000
suse@xxxxxx wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
I have found that you had to change the screen saver via the gnome
screensaver. Application->system->configuration->gnome configuration
editor
Under apps->gnome-screensaver
Run this past me again with the references to do with KDE - I am not
using the gnome desktop.

Doesn't matter. As soon as you run an app that involves gnome, the
gnome session environment fires up, including Gnome's screensaver. It's
all rather silly. Just run gnome-control-center and go into the
screensaver section and shut it off. It'll then only use the KDE
screensaver.

The dreaded "gnome-control-center" rears its head again :-) (Hi Ben!).

Thanks for this, I'll install a gnome app. and see wot happens :-).

Cheers.

--
Ignorance can be corrected. Stupidity is permanent.

< Previous Next >