Re: [SLE] 10.1: Extreme slow startup of acroread - NOT SOLVED AFTER ALL
  • From: Michael Nelson <michaelnel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 08:13:16 -0700
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 10:02:18AM -0500, Rajko M wrote:

> I can see your observations added to the bug #147966. It will probably
> bring more light in.

I spoke too soon. I ran /usr/X11R6/bin/acroread once and it started up
in 8 seconds. On every subsequent attempt it takes over a minute to
start, so the fixes are NOT working on my system. I am continuing to
analyze the trace file and finding LOTS of stuff that looks wrong to me,
but I don't really understand this stuff that well.

I hope someone who does can look at the tracelogs. I've put new ones
out at wget http://home.comcast.net/~michaelnel/acroread_traces.tar.gz

Thanks
Michael

--