Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 18:17:57 +0200
Sunnudaginn 28 maí 2006 15:08 skrifaði Bryan J. Smith:

> Microsoft is a 800lbs. gorilla.
> IBM is a 1200lbs. gorilla.

I agree that both are the bad guys, but I'd be careful stating who is the
bigger bad guy today. MicroSoft is known to be extremely shrewd, and IBM has
done a lot of blunders for the past 20 years.

I'm not familiar with the Caldera case, but I've got no reservations about
where SCO and Microsoft are. And I understand perfectly where the other
players are coming from. Caldera may have bought the Unix code, on fair
basis ... but that's Caldera, and not SCO. SCO got their hold here, merely
to make trouble. And in my opinion, the whole issue starts with AT/T which
is the one who creates the problems in the Unix world, and all we see
following is the result of that.