Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Orn E. Hansen" <orn_hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 18:30:28 +0200
Sunnudaginn 28 maí 2006 15:08 skrifaði Bryan J. Smith:
> The "Non-Compete" was designed to _protect_ SCO (then Caldera) from
> _exactly_ what IBM did! It is a _very_common_ practice! Why?

No matter how you want to "explain" it away, these are indecent buisness
practices. SCO + IBM wanna screw the world, SCO ends up screwed. Am I
supposed to feel sorry for a criminal, who got robbed by his comrade in
crime .. not even in your dreams.

The sad thing is, that we're having this discussion. Let me put it
differenly,a clever student in a University programs some code. His
tutor/professor, sees some good stuff there and decides to steal his students
code and pushes the student out of the University. Then the Professor goes
to some buisness man, and wants to make money and the buisness man ends up
being shrewd and steals the code from the Professor. Am I supposed to say
"oh poor professor". Hell no, both are indecent people, doing indecent
practices and it's the individual who is being robbed of his livelyhood.
It's the individual that needs your sympathy and protection, not the
predatorial maniacs.