Re: [SLE] Alternate firewall (Guarddog) on SUSE 10.1
  • From: S Glasoe <srglasoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:58:26 -0500
On Sunday 28 May 2006 9:27 am, Kenneth Aar, Grafikern.no wrote:
> Hi
>
> I wondered if anyone here has any clue as to how I could install
> Guarddog as my firewall in SUSE 10.1. I read a review and it seems more
> in line with my own technical level than the yast firewall... But the
> rpm wont work.
>
> Here is a link:
> http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/Guarddog-Review-23019.shtml

Doesn't look like its in active development any longer. Last news on their
website was August of 2005. For SUSE Linux 9.1 it was viable. It almost
worked on SUSE Linux 10.0 but several things just wouldn't function.
Without any further development I don't htink its worth pursuing.

Stan

< Previous Next >