SuSE 10.1 boxed version ZMD Problems and other questions
  • From: "George Stoianov" <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 21:42:18 -0400
Hello guys,

I am now running 10.1 :) with a bit of mixed feeling so far. Some
things I like very much others not so. Here is my current problem:

When I try to update some packages I get:

Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public.ZenException: Failed to lookup resolvable
with id 'XXXXX'

Server stack trace:
in <0x00178> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RedCarpetBackend+SqlTransaction:GetResult
()
in <0x00081> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RedCarpetBackend:ResolveDependencies
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] removals)
in <0x00023> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager:Resolve
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] removals)
in <0x00038> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RemotePackageManager:ResolveDependencies
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] removals)
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
in (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices:InternalExecute
(System.Reflection.MethodBase,object,object[],object[]&)
in <0x00188> System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices:InternalExecuteMessage
(System.MarshalByRefObject target, IMethodCallMessage reqMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

in <0x006dc> System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy:PrivateInvoke
(System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg,
System.Exception exc, System.Object[] out_args)

Is anyone else having problems with this? I went through the good old
reliable YOU and it worked no problems. How can I activate the
SuSE-Watcher is it gone??? Another thing that I do not really like is
the missing NVIDIA driver which I have to apply as a patch myself and
keep applying it on every kernel upgrade ... not that I won't benifit
from the experience but I did not want to do that for my home laptop
too...

Also do you know how can I completely disable Beagle?

Has anyone tried Xgl? I tried to read the docs
http://en.opensuse.org/Using_Xgl_on_SUSE_Linux but I get "bash:
gnome-xgl-settings: command not found" when I run gnome-xgl-settings
searching in YaST leads to no result and my Control Centre in GNOME is
missing the mentioned Desktop Effects.... I have installed the boxed
version. Does anyone know what the 6-th CD is for I hope the CDs now
equal the DVD.

Thanks for your help
George