Re: [SLE] Brute Force fix for Yast Updater and Zen for Newbies like myself
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 22:08:22 -0400
On Sunday 28 May 2006 21:58, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> On Sunday 28 May 2006 21:34, Carl Hartung wrote:
> > That was *not* my meaning. In fact, you've quoted me out of context and
> > twisted my meaning to the opposite. What's the point of continuing?
>
> None at all. It was all a semantics problem from the very beginning.

Not!

Isn't the mind amazing? Here's proof that it lets you see things that aren't
there if you're absolutely convinced they're there! Check out the dropped
"if":

"I don't want to repeat the mistake of pointing people to that directory...
*if* (t)hey've just been placed there for 'window dressing'. ;-)"

When you insert the missing 'if' the sentence is coherent with the preceding
paragraphs. If you leave the "if" out, the sentence reads *exactly* as you
read it. Sorry! I've got a six year old running around here today. I
obviously got distracted.

Carl

< Previous Next >