Should I sit this one out?
  • From: Lew Wolfgang <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:18:47 -0700
Hi Folks,

As a loyal SuSE advocate/user since 5.1, and having
purchased at least a half-dozen of every boxed set
of every release since then, I'm looking at the
dialog here for 10.1 and am wondering if I should sit
this one out. I don't have enough time to wrestle
with a broken distro. What do folks think? Is
the boxed set the same as the iso? I tried installing
the iso on a dual-Athlon last Thursday and had it
totally wedge. I'm sure that in this case it's a
hardware problem, but before it went down for the
count I noticed that "Update" didn't have anything
to update.

Also, I saw apt mentioned here. Does this "ZenWorks"
replace the old Yast update method? How would one use
apt instead of the included update method?

Thanks for your input,
Lew Wolfgang

< Previous Next >