Re: [SLE] Re: Should I sit this one out?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 08:47:16 +0200
Anders Johansson wrote:

> As a point of reference, I've been running 10.1 both at home and in
> the office since around beta 8 or 9, and so far it's been working
> well, so calling it "totally broken" is just wrong. It's not really
> all that different from 10.0.

Agree. I'm using 10.1 for anything new.

> So far the issues I've seen people report are
>
> * update system broken
> * Beagle consuming too many resources
>
> Have I missed anything?

One thing I have noticed over the last few days is zmd (plus
parse-metadata and rug and what have you) being incredibly slow and/or
very CPU-intensive. There's room for improvement here, but it's by no
means a show-stopper.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

< Previous Next >