Re: [SLE] Fwd: Should I sit this one out?
  • From: Kevin Donnelly <kevin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 08:46:49 +0100
On Monday 29 May 2006 05:20, George Stoianov wrote:
> I have the same rant about the MySQL Administrator and Query Browser
> there was in 9.2 the control center which has been a beta or in
> testing for a while and it worked great for what it did but in 10.0 it
> was gone and the administrator was such a pain

This was nothing to do with SUSE, though. MySQL stopped developing the
Control Centre, which was actually quite good, and concentrated on the
"Administrator" which, IMHO, is absolutely awful. phpMyAdmin beats it hands
down. In general, there are some strange things happening to MySQL - in 5.0
they also introduced the totally backward notion of setting encodings for
each table, and had a buggy implementation to boot. All in all, it was
enough to get me using PostgreSQL after 6 years of MySQL!

--

Pob hwyl / Best wishes

Kevin Donnelly

www.kyfieithu.co.uk - KDE yn Gymraeg