Re: [SLE] Re: Should I sit this one out?
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:02:57 -0400
On Sunday 28 May 2006 23:05, Anders Johansson wrote:
> So far the issues I've seen people report are
>
> * update system broken
> * Beagle consuming too many resources

I would say there are video problems when it took me about 5 days of diddling
to get something to work, and then only because I used the ATI proprietary
drivers.

And I would say that Yast is general is a big disaster. When I was loading
the system, I apparently had a dirty DVD and it came up with a missing RPM
file... If I told it to RETRY or IGNORE, Yast killed the entire install
with an error. No way to get by it except have perfect media.

As you once mentioned, they rebuilt Yast... it needs some work.

< Previous Next >