Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:16:14 -0400
On Monday 29 May 2006 11:01, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> > Caldera also had  Ransome Love who was every bit as bad as  Daryl
> > <whats-his-name>  is...  May they R.I.P.  because of their bad mgmt.
>
> You're kidding me, right?
>
> Ransome Love _left_ Caldera _before_ the lawsuit.  He was the reason why
> so much was made GPL at Caldera?

I never mentioned when Ransome was there or anything about the lawsuit! Seems
you don't read well or I guess once you set the subject of a thread, that's
all you want to deal with.

What I was saying was that Ransome ran the company into the ground long before
the lawsuit and therefore, it did a lot to set the stage for the lawsuit.
They had to earn money somehow to keep the company afloat and to save their
stock price.

<PLONK>