Re: [SLE] Re: Meta-discussion on the IP issues of GPUs and 3D -- 90+% of the Linux community is too ignorant for legal issues
  • From: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 12:38:37 -0400
On Mon, 2006-05-29 at 12:16 -0400, Bruce Marshall wrote:
> What I was saying was that Ransome ran the company into the ground long before
> the lawsuit and therefore, it did a lot to set the stage for the lawsuit.

Caldera did _more_ for the GPL world under his guidance.
And IBM screwed them over, when they _smartly_ bought SCO.
In fact, I think you just made my point better than I could have. ;->

> They had to earn money somehow to keep the company afloat and to save their
> stock price.

Not stock price, carry them to the trial.

Right now SCO is getting _hammered_ because investors thought it was --
just like 90+% of the Linux community -- about the stock price.

That was _never_ SCO's intent.
The intent was to get enough money to make it to trial.

I'm sorry, I'm pulling for SCO -- _big_time_!

However, when I try to say it has 0% to do with Linux IP, I get drowned
out by 90+% of the Linux community. So when SCO wins, while I'm trying
to educate people on why they won and that it had 0% to do with Linux IP
-- I'll be drowned out by the same mass ignorance we've seen here. ;->

--
Bryan J. Smith Professional, technical annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx http://thebs413.blogspot.com

< Previous Next >