Re: [SLE] Re: Should I sit this one out?
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 14:26:38 -0400
On Monday 29 May 2006 14:05, Michael Nelson wrote:
> In contrast, the other day I installed RHEL4AS (with a 30 day test
> license) on an old 700Mhz Celeron I have here.  It has 768MB of ram and
> only a single old 9GB scsi drive.

A couple of questions....

Do you do an update from one SuSE release to another?

Do you normally keep your /home between releases? (probably)

When you installed RH, did you use the same /home? (prolly not)

You might be viewing a long-increasing list of things that your /home has in
its settings, etc... that make things slow.

And you might want to go through the run-level settings to see what is getting
started.

I've been using SuSE as long as you have but I always do a fresh install and
haven't noticed any major change in system speed.

< Previous Next >