Re: [SLE] Should I sit this one out?
  • From: "George Stoianov" <gstoyanoff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:21:57 -0400
With every version of SUSE there's a whole bunch of people going "oh
this is the worst release ever <insert various arguments to explain>"

Our office runs SUSE on a number of desktops, and it's constantly
installed on development boxes for various purposes. No version of
SUSE (since I first used 6.1) have had any serious issues, and any major
show-stoppers have had prompt updates available.

Well you are right. I guess if you want to avoid computer problems you
should not own one :). And yes people talk and complain and it is a
lot of talk for nothing as updates become available and thinks start
working the way we are used to expect. I think even in this rants
there is some benefit as it points out to people what they can face
and everyone can make up their own mind what to do.

If I was following all the talk on the release I would have probably
known that ZEN has been pushed late and I can expect problems I would
also be more aware that it has some major benefits and hold on for an
update patiently that will let me use them. I did not .. but I am
still holding on to my box.

What this talk helps though is identify the problems and make me wait
a little longer for my work machine that I absolutely need functioning
all the time and yes it is running SuSE 10.0 ... so there.

All software is buggy and can change some does change for the better
other types not. I am into this for the positive change :).
george