Re: [SLE] Should I sit this one out?
  • From: suse@xxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:39:58 -0400
George Stoianov wrote:

> If I was following all the talk on the release I would have probably
> known that ZEN has been pushed late and I can expect problems I would
> also be more aware that it has some major benefits and hold on for an
> update patiently that will let me use them. I did not .. but I am
> still holding on to my box.

Like what? Seriously. What does Zen give us that the previous version
did not. The closest I've heard is that it gives the ability to deal
with "patches, patterns and even products", but what does that really
mean? We know it doesn't work with delta rpms (the previous system
used), which is what I always thought patches were, in this context.
How is a package different from a "product"? How about a "pattern"?

All I see is negatives, what's the concrete benefit?

< Previous Next >