Re: [opensuse] Re: packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: HG <hg.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:53:14 +0300
Hi!

On 5/27/06, Pascal Bleser <pascal.bleser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(no top-postings please)

Sorry for this. The problem was Gmail mobile, which seems that I'm not
quoting anything while apparently it made me top-post. Sending this
kind of feedback to Google is close to impossible... I'll try.

1) No one is "hiding" behind "Linux is about choices", I wonder what in
Martin's reply makes you feel like we would.

Originally, it was not Martin's reply. But that has come up, even in
this thread.

2) The problems with the YaST2/zypp/ZMD package management in 10.1 is
now very clear to everyone and it's being worked on, actively.

I know that (now). Except, that I'm not at all convinced that the
problems are very clear to _everyone_. It might be known to the
community here, but is it to the normal SUSE user? You gave a good
explanation of the situation, but maybe it's something that should be
at the web-site. (I know, I should write it - but I think it is clear
to everybody that I'm not qualified to write it :-)

--
HG.