Re: [opensuse] packagemanagement in 10.1
  • From: andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 20:27:51 +0200
Hi,

> Maybe I missed a point till now, but can any of these package managers
> store the downloaded packages locally?

You can use smart to get this effect.

> E.g. Yast Online Update was able
> to do this till SUSE 10.0 and it was easy to create a personalized patch
> CD. It would save bandwidth an time (and lots of my nerves) if it was
> possible to store the packages and repository data on my HD.

YOU in SL 10.1 has the same option in the UI, too (there is a checkbox "remove patches" which is unchecked by default), but it's a stub (i.e., it is not effective). A bug IMHO (the option should not be shown if it's not effective), no idea if that's already known. It is, most probably.

> Can anybody give me a hint if it is possible?

You can use smart, but it does not save packages by default. You have to enable it explicitly:

smart config --set remove-packages=false

More info:

http://labix.org/smart/faq
http://labix.org/smart/config-options

Please note that this will cause smart to store all packages locally, even those that you might already have on your physical media.

Andreas Hanke
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

< Previous Next >