Re: [opensuse] alternative window managers
  • From: Eberhard Moenkeberg <emoenke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 00:45:05 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Paul Kaplan wrote:
On Friday 19 May 2006 17:58, Eberhard Moenkeberg wrote:
On Fri, 19 May 2006, Paul Kaplan wrote:

How does one call an alternative window manager on SL10.1? (KDE runs
fine on the box.) According to yast I have icewm installed, but I can't
find any way to launch it. I also can't find an binary file anything
like "icewm".

startx icewm

That's what I thought, but when I do that I get the grey X background and an
xterm with no window manager running. The only thing that gives me a window
manager is startx which launches kde.

You should get a bottom line with icons, and a mouse right click should give some options.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg (emoenke@xxxxxxx, em@xxxxxxx)

< Previous Next >