Re: [opensuse] Re: Quake 3 Arena on Xgl
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:53:09 +0200
On May 18, 06 11:49:51 -0700, J Sloan wrote:
> > q3 at least works on top of Xgl very well, as I've shown on LinuxTag.
>
> So the question is, what's different in your setup as compared to mine?
>
> I can launch q3a on an xgl desktop, but instead of getting an 800x600 full
> screen q3a session, I get an tiny 800x600 window at the top left corner of the
> desktop.
>
> The 800x600 q3a window captures the mouse and keyboard, and can't be moved or
> resized.

Ok, so this is only about screen size? Xgl does support DGA at the
moment (AFAIR the accrynom correctly ;) . I was using q3a in windowed
mode without grabbing mouse and keyboard.

If you want to play full-screen on 800x600, try

xrandr -s 800x600 ; q3a ; xrandr -s 0

> The game is playable, but with strange appearance - for instance, instead of
> floor textures, I see a solid black floor.

Not for me, this worked perfectly.

Maybe you want to try to run it with the Mesa OpenGL libraries, as there
are issues with using NVidia's libraries on top of Xgl (you still need
NVidia's libraries for runing Xgl itself). Otherwise you can disable
multitexture support (forgot the switch command in q3), then it will
work as well. This seems to be a bug in NVidia's libGL.

CU

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __