suse 10.1 Online Update
  • From: "Fabian Scheler" <fabian.scheler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:51:39 +0200
Hello,

maybe this is a rather stupid question, but maybe I just searched at
the wrong places for more information. In suse 10.0 the susewatcher
reminded me when security updates were available and I was able to
install them after I entered the administrator password. Now there are
three desktop applets in kde to update, install and remove software
(these applets must be concerned with this new package management
stuff, are they?) and the update function reminds me when there is a
more up to date version of a package available (not only in case of
security fixes), but, unfortunately this tool does not ask for the
administrator password, it just tells me that I have to be superuser,
in case, I want to update software. So my questions are:

1. Is it possible in some way to update the software when having the
administrator password but not being logged in as superuser with this
tool?
2. Is it possible this tool only informs about security updates, not
any kind of update, maybe I don't want to install newer packages all
the time?

Any hints are appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Fabian