Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
  • From: Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:51:04 +0200

Did you read what Mr. Loeffler wrote? I cite it again:

>> Michael Loeffler wrote:
>>> We're talking abouth the automatic Onling Update Configuration. The
>>> purpose is to get a suitable update source configured for one's
>>> system. In order to deliver that service Novell's backend service
>>> needs to know a few things:
>>> - unique identifier
>>> - system architecture
>>> - product and product version
>>> - time zone

So I talked about a service useful for both users and net. It is simply
about optimizing net paths.
All other steps were described as optional by Mr. Loeffler.

So just call the things as they are:
- net optimization, which requires architecture, version and time
zone(location)
- registration, which asks for additional unique information

And again to Mr. Loeffler, what is the reason for a unique identifer for
the "net optimization" step?

Ciao
Siegbert

< Previous Next >