Re: [opensuse] Registration in 10.1
On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:20:53PM +0100, Thomas Hertweck wrote:
> But maybe Novell was already planning for the future and there is a good
> reason for calling this process "registration"... ;-)

So how would you call the process then where a system registers data, like
the data that is collected by SUSE?

I can help you out:
>From Moby Thesaurus II by Grady Ward, 1.0 [moby-thes]:

25 Moby Thesaurus words for "registration":
booking, cataloging, chronicling, enlistment, enrollment, entering,
entry, filing, impanelment, indexing, inscribing, inscription,
insertion, inventorying, itemization, listing, logging,
matriculation, posting, record keeping, recordation, recording,
register, registry, tabulation

I like "recordation" best because it sounds so much like 'New Speech'.
What you are actually saying is "registration" always is the registration
of people and will be used in a bad way.

If that is the case, welcome to 1984, because it already is too late.

houghi